Publications in the “Ukrainian Medical Journal” are chargeable. The publication cost is 350 UAH for every journal page. To clarify the possibility of publication, timelines and for calculation of the volume of the article in the layout, please contact: email@example.com.
- UMJ accepts only those manuscripts that were not previously published and not being considered for publishing in other journals.
- Article type: research article (including randomized controlled trial, observational study, case-control study), review, case report.
- Requirements for the file format:
- Articles text format should be .doc and .docx (LibreOffice Writer, Microsoft Office Word and others text editors that support this format);
- Tables should be sent in the main article text or separate in .xls and xlsx (LibreOffice Calc, Microsoft Office Excel and others table editors that support this format);
- Pictures should be sent in separate files in tiff or jpeg format (resolution must be 250–300 pixels/inch), figures — in Excel.
- Requirements for manuscript text:
- UMJ accepts manuscripts written in Ukrainian, Russian and English languages;
- The manuscript must include structured abstract (150–200 words) and key words (6–8) in Ukrainian, Russian and English languages;
- The summary must clearly define the purpose, object and methods, results and conclusions. The full title of the article, names and initials of all authors and affiliations should be indicate.
- Manuscript submission: we accept articles that are submitted to us by E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- The original articles should be clearly structured with selected titles: introduction, materials and methods, results and discussion, conclusions, references. Authors contact information, as well as affiliations, should be noted at the head of the article.
- All physical quantities and units should be presented in the metric system, medical terms — according to the anatomical and histological nomenclature, the names of diseases — in accordance with active International Classification of Diseases, drugs — by International Nonproprietary Names (INN).
- Every citation in the text should have reference to the source; it should have a format like (Author1 AA, Author2 AA, year), where Author AA is the actual author’s surname and initials and year – the real year of publication.
- If more than two authors are present, after the first name and initials of the first one should be indicated «et al.» and then the year of the publication.
If two or more articles of the same author (s) and the same year are presented, you should use letters a, b, c and other after the year of publication. It helps to determine which source is actually cited. Links to several sources in the text should be listed in the chronological order.