Possibilities of ultrasonography in determining the echosemiotics of vocal cord cancer
- 1Shupyk National Healthcare University of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
- 2SI «O.S. Kolomiychenko Institute of Otolaryngology of NAMS of Ukraine», Kyiv, Ukraine
- 3Windhoek Central Hospital, Namibia
Summary. 305 patients with vocal cord cancer stage I–III (T1–3N0M0) were examined. Morphologically, in all cases, keratinized and non-keratinized squamous cell carcinoma was detected. Evaluation of laryngeal sonography data was performed by video endoscopy of the larynx and during surgery. The list of signs of cancer of the middle larynx during the ultrasound examination was determined. All the signs of vocal cord cancer, which are determined by ultrasound, make it possible to assess the location and to some extent the stage of laryngeal tumor. The effectiveness of sonography in cancer of the vocal folds has been determined. The sensitivity of ultrasound of the larynx was 84.4% and the accuracy was 77.1%.
- Ukrainian Cancer Registry statistics (2020) Cancer in Ukraine, 2018–2019. Bulletin of the National cancer registry of Ukraine. Kyiv, 147 p.
- Ukrainian Cancer Registry statistics (2021) Cancer in Ukraine, 2019–2020. Bulletin of the National cancer registry of Ukraine. Kyiv, 136 p.
- Zhang S.-Y., Lu Zh.-M., Luo X.-N. et al. (2013) Retrospective analysis of prognostic factors in 205 patients with laryngeal squamous cell carcinoma who underwent surgical treatment. PLoS One, 8(4): e60157. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0060157
- Abyzov R.A. (1990) Improving the efficiency of diagnosis and treatment of malignant neoplasms of the upper respiratory tract. Abstr. of thesis dis. … Dr. Med. Sci. Kiev Research Institute of Otolaryngology, Ministry of Health of the USSR. Kiev, 40 р. (In Rus.).
- Евчев Ф.Д. (2008) Злокачественные опухоли гортани. Астропринт, Одесса, 328 с.
- Kozarenko TM, Dykan IM, Loganikhina K.Yu. (2011) Possibilities of complex ultrasound examination in the diagnosis of metastatically affected lymph nodes of the neck in patients with laryngeal cancer. Abstr. of thesis Scientific-practical conf. “Recent advances in the early diagnosis and treatment of tumors and tumor-like formations of the head and neck. Experience. Problems. Ways of solving », May 20-21, Cherkasy. (In Ukr.).
- Abyzov R.A. (2001) Onco-otorhinolaryngology. Kyiv, Book Plus, 272 р. (In Ukr.).
- Kozarenko T.M. Kravchenko D.A., Serezhko Yu.A. (2011) Functional tests in sonography of the midline larynx. IV International Congress «Tumors of the head and neck. Baikal-2011», September 2–4, Irkutsk. (In Rus.).
- Kozhanov L.G., Sdvizhkov A.M., Mulyarets M.V. (2009) Possibilities of ultrasound examination of the larynx in the diagnosis of cancer. Oncosurgery, 1(2), р. 18. (In Rus.).
- Kozarenko T.M., Kravchenko D.A., Serezhko Y.O., Loganikhina K.Yu. (2011) Possibilities of ultrasound examination of the larynx in patients with stage I–II laryngeal cancer. Annual traditional spring conference. Ukr. Sci. Med. Otolaryngologists Association «Diagnosis and Treatment of Chronic ENT Diseases», May 16–17, Odessa. (In Ukr.).
- Erkan V. Tolu I., Aslan T., Guney E. (1993) Ultrasonography in laryngeal cancers. J. Laryngol. Otol., 107: 65–68.