Indicators of the state of health of modern adolescents as one of the components of the health of the population
- 1Andrei Krupynskyi Lviv Medical Academy, Lviv, Ukraine
- 2Municipal Non-Commercial Enterprise of the Lviv Regional Council «Center for Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation», Lviv, Ukraine
Summary. The purpose of the study: to determine and assess the level of health of adolescents in Ukraine. Object of study. A survey of 37 adolescents aged 11–14 was performed using the A Body Shape Index (ABSI) method. The analysis of literature sources in which the problems of youth health were researched was carried out. Results. It was found that 52% of children have average health, 16% — above average, 24% — below average, 8% — low. It was found that 62.5% of adolescents have a very low risk of mortality, 12.5% — low, 12.5% — high and 12.5% — very high. Conclusion. The problem of deteriorating health among the young population remains relevant, which necessitates the need to find ways to solve it for society as a whole and for medicine in particular, which, in turn, will help prevent the rise in mortality.
- 1. Andriuchenko T., Vakulenko O., Volkov V. et al. (2019) Formation of a healthy lifestyle of young people. Educational and methodical recommendations, 2nd ed. Blank Press, Kyiv, 120 p. (In Ukr.).
- 2. Azarenkov V.M., Azarenkov A.V. (2017) The level of health of pupils and students of Sumy region and the problem of its preservation. Actual problems of physical education of different segments of the population, 12–18 p. (In Ukr.).
- 3. Seleznyova O.O. (2014) Health of young people and the formation of a healthy lifestyle (https://www.narodnaosvita.kiev.ua/?page_id=2513) (In Ukr.).
- 4. Kolesnichenko M. (2012) The essence of health and its role in the formation of the personality of a preschool child (https://ird.npu.edu.ua/files/kolesnichenko.pdf) (In Ukr.).
- 5. Nyankovsky S.L., Yatsula M.S., Chikailo M.I., Pasechnyuk I.V. (2012) The state of health of schoolchildren in Ukraine. Child health, 5: 40. (In Ukr.).
- 6. Belenka G.V., Boginich O.L., Mashovets M.A. (2006) Child health — from the family. Kyiv, 220 p. (In Ukr.).
- 7. Nechitaylo Yu.M., Buryak O.G. (2016) The health of children and adolescents is the foundation of a nation’s health (https://www.bsmu.edu.ua/blog/4349-zdorov-ya-ditey-ta-pidlitkiv-osnova-zdorov-ya-natsii/) (In Ukr.).
- 8. Yermolova Yu.V. (2011) The health of young people is a threat to the national security of Ukraine (https://www.umj.com.ua/article/17095) (In Ukr.).
- 9. Krakauer N.Y., Krakauer J.C. (2012) A New Body Shape Index Predicts Mortality Hazard Independently of Body Mass Index (https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0039504).
- 10. Maksimova K.V. (2017) Monitoring the state of somatic health of first-year students of higher educational institutions in Kharkiv. Internat. Sci. J. «Interscience», 7(29): 33. (In Ukr.).
- 11. Pashinsky P.P., Shcherbak I.M. (2010) Determining the level of health of student youth based on rapid assessment of the functional state of the body. Bull. Sci. works of the H.S. Skovoroda Kharkiv National Pedagogical University. (In Ukr.).
- 12. Krakauer J.C., Krakauer N.Y. (2016) Combining Body Mass and Shape Indices in Clinical Practice (https://www.hindawi.com/journals/crim/2016/1526175/).
- 13. Rivas A. (2014) Can A Body Shape Index Take The Place Of BMI? ABSI Proves A Better Predictor of Mortality (https://www.medicaldaily.com/can-body-shape-index-take-place-bmi-absi-proves-better-predictor-mortality-270106).