Trends in inpatient and postoperative mortality as indicators of patient safety at the level of individual hospital facilities (report 2)
Summary. The levels of inpatient and postoperative mortality were analyzed in the period from 2010 to 2019 in individual health care institutions in Kiev and the Kiev region. The dynamics of these indicators is compared with the indicators of treatment and diagnostic work in these medical institutions. The informativeness of inpatient and postoperative mortality was assessed as indicators of the quality of medical care and its important component — patient safety. The data of the annual statistical collections «Health care institutions and population morbidity in Ukraine» of the centers of medical statistics in Kiev and Kiev region, National reports on the state of technogenic and environmental safety in Ukraine (2006–2015), analytical reviews of the state of technogenic and natural safety in Ukraine (2016–2018), thematic publications in domestic and foreign publications.
- Gershgorin V., Petukhova L. (2015) Security culture — is it a philosophical stone or a human factor? Coal of Kuzbass, 2 (http://uk42.ru/index.php?id=642).
- Grechishkina N.V. (2015) Analysis of the state of surgical care in Ukraine during the last decade (2003-2013). Visn. Vinnytsia. nat. honey. un-tu, 2 (19): 497–502.
- Directorate for Transport Safety of the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine (2020) The state of transport accidents in Ukraine in 2019. 134с.
- SI «National Institute of Cardiovascular Surgery M.M. Amosov National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine» (2016) Report on work for 2016 (https://amosovinstitute.org.ua/pro-institut/rezultati/).
- Ministry of Health of Ukraine (2011) Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine dated 02.11.2011 № 743 «On approval of quality indicators of medical care» (https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z1328-11#Text).
- Ministry of Health of Ukraine (2013) Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine dated September 11, 2013 № 795 «On monitoring of clinical indicators of quality of medical care» (https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z1669-13#Text).
- Skaletsky Yu.M., Yavorovsky O.P., Gichka S.G. et al. (2020) Trends in inpatient and postoperative mortality as indicators of patient safety in Ukraine. Ukr. Med. J., 3(137)(2): 38–41.
- Ukrainian Research Institute of Civil Defense (2018) Analytical review of the state of man-made and natural security in Ukraine in 2018 (https://www.dsns.gov.ua/files/prognoz/report/2018/AO_2018.pdf).
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (2015) AHRQ Quality Indicators™ Patient Safety Indicators (https://www.qualityindicators.ahrq.gov/Downloads/Modules/PSI/V50/PSI_Brochure.pdf).
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (2016) Fact Sheet on Inpatient Quality Indicators (https://www.ahrq.gov/sites/default/files/wysiwyg/professionals/systems/hospital/qitoolkit/complete_qitoolkit.pdf).
- Bisbis B., El Gamri A. (2016) Using In-Hospital Mortality as an Indicator of Quality Care and Hospital Performance. Int. J. Med. Sci., 3(1): https://www.mbmj.org/index.php/ijms/article/view/32.
- Narodowy Instytut Zdrowia Publicznego (2018) Najnowszy raport NIZP-PZH «Sytuacja zdrowotna ludności Polski i jej uwarunkowania» (https://www.pzh.gov.pl/najnowszy-raport-nizp-pzh-sytuacja-zdrowotna-ludnosci-polski-i-jej-uwarunkowania/).
- Larizgoitia I., Bouesseau M.-Ch., Kelley E. (2013) WHO Efforts to Promote Reporting of Adverse Events and Global Learning. J. Public Health Res., 2(3): e29. doi: 10.4081/jphr.2013.e29.
- The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (2015) Quality and Safety Improvement Strategy 2016–2021 (https://www.thh.nhs.uk/documents/_Publications/strategy-docs/Quality_&_Safety_Improvement_Strategy_2016-2021.pdf).
- WHO (2020) Global Patient Safety Action Plan 2021–2030 Towards Zero Patient Harm in Health Care (https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/patient-safety/1st-draft-global-patient-safety-action-plan-august-2020.pdf?sfvrsn=9b1552d2_4).