Quality of life in patients with peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum in combination with hypertension and type 2 diabetes mellitus in the presence of toxigenic (cagA+, vacA+) strains of Helicobacter pylori
Summary. The aim was to evaluate the impact of toxigenic (cagA +, vacA +) strains of Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) on the quality of life in patients with peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum in combination with hypertension and type 2 diabetes mellitus. Research methods. Fibrogastroduodenoscopy using the device «GIF-Q40» with targeted biopsy using the test system «HELIK®» with indicator tubes were used to verify the diagnosis. The cagA and vacA genes of H. pylori in biopsies were determined using «Helicopol» reagent kits. Eradication efficiency was monitored 4 weeks after completion of proton-pump inhibitors and antibacterial treatment using a urease breath test and immunochromatographic test systems to detect H. pylori antigen in faeces «CITO TEST® H. Рylori Ag». Results. It is investigated that viability, mental health and physical role activity are most increased in groups of patients with peptic ulcer and duodenum ulcer in combination with arterial hypertension and type 2 diabetes mellitus. Conclusion. The combination therapy improved the condition of the patients. The addition of a probiotic to anti-Helicobacter pylori therapy improved their quality of life.
- Kozyreva T.E. (2016) The effect of Helicobacter pylori infection on the course of coronary heart disease in combination with type 2 diabetes. Modern Gastroenterol., 5 (91): 28–33.
- Kushnir I.E., Fadeenko G.D., Galchinskaya V.Yu. et al. (2015) Pathogenetic aspects of the development of gastroesophageal reflux disease in combination with coronary heart disease. Contemporary Gastroenterol., 6: 20–26.
- Ministry of Health of Ukraine (2012a) Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine dated 21.12.2012 №1118 «On approval and implementation of medical and technological documents for standardization of medical care for type 2 diabetes» (https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/rada/show/v1118282-12#Text).
- Ministry of Health of Ukraine (2012b) Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine dated 24.05.2012 № 384 «On approval and implementation of medical and technological documents for standardization of medical care for hypertension» (https://www.apteka.ua/article/151151)
- Ministry of Health of Ukraine (2014) Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine dated 03.09.2014 № 613 «On approval and implementation of medical and technological documents for standardization of medical care for peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum» (https://zakononline.com.ua/documents/show/32987___32987).
- Paliy I.G., Zaika S.V. (2015) Modern approaches to the prevention and treatment of gastrointestinal complications of antiplatelet pharmacotherapy (http://health-ua.com/article/4474-suchasn-pdhodi-do-proflaktiki–ta-lkuvannya-gastroenterologchnih-uskladnen-).
- Sirchak E.S., Patskun S.V. (2017) Prevalence of Helicobacter pylori among patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus and chronic gastritis. Achievements of clinical and experimental medicine, 2: 70–75. doi 10.11603 / 1811-2471.2017.v0.i2.7653.
- Tkach S.M., Levchenko A.R., Onishchuk L.O. (2015) Helicobacter pylori infection and extragastric diseases. Modern Gastroenterol., 6 (86): 89–95.
- Kharchenko N.V., Sklyarov E.Y., Anokhina G.A., Aksentiychuk H.B. (2015) The role of intestinal microbiocenosis disorders in the development of hypercholesterolemia. Modern Gastroenterol., 5 (85): 76–82.
- Chey W.D., Leontiadis G.I., Howden C.W., Moss S.F. (2017) Treatment of Helicobacter pylori infection. Am. J. Gastroenterol., 112: 212–238. doi: 10.1038/ajg.2016.563.
- Figura N., Palazzuoli A., Vaira D. et al. (2014) Cross-sectional study: cagA-positive Helicobacter pylori infection, acute coronary artery disease and systemic levels of B-type natriuretic peptide. J. Clin. Pathol., 67(3): 251–257. doi: 10.1136/jclinpath-2013-201743.
- Mancia G., Fagard R., Narkiewicz K. et al. (2013) 2013 ESH/ESC guidelines for the management of arterial hypertension. Eur. Heart J. DOI: 10.1093/eurheartj/eht.151.
- Matsuo Y., Kido Y., Yamaoka Y. (2017) Helicobacter pylori Outer Membrane Protein-Related Pathogenesis. Toxins (Basel)., 9(3): 101. doi: 10.3390/toxins9030101.
- Noh H.M., Hong S.J., Han J.P. et al. (2016) Eradication Rate by Duration of Third-line Rescue Therapy with Levofloxacin after Helicobacter pylori Treatment Failure in Clinical Practice. Korean J. Gastroenterol., 68(5): 260–264. doi: 10.4166/kjg.2016.68.5.260.