The influence of psychotraumatic factors of the external environment on the survival of combatants, the service of which was performed in combat conditions
Summary. The aim is to identify the influence of the conditions of the combat environment on the experiences of servicemen with different sensitivity to the action of psycho-traumatic situations in the combat zone. Object and research methods. The studies were carried out on a group of 98 healthy servicemen — men age 22–36 years, who served in combat conditions. To assess the experience of a combat situation, the respondent made a mark on the scale of the questionnaire, which corresponds to the level of his feelings from the influence of the factors under study. Statistical analysis of the data was done using the methods of variation statistics, cluster and stepwise discriminant analysis. Results. With the help of cluster analysis based on the application of the k-means method, the data on the impressions of combatants were divided into two groups: «hypersensitive» and «hyposensitive» to the action of the components of the combat environment factor. In «hypersensitive» group indices of sensations of the action of the components of this category of factors of the «combat environment» fluctuate in the range of 50–70% and significantly differ from similar sensations in «hyposensitive» group (p<0.001), whose indices vary in the range of 32–47%. Conclusions. The most informative indicators are highlighted, which allow, with an accuracy of 96.2%, to divide the combatants into groups. The interaction of indicators has been established, the presence of which explains certain aspects of the formation of experiences from the action of a combat situation. Decisive rules have been constructed, with the help of which a combatant can be assigned to an appropriate group with a certain sensitivity to the action of factors of the combat environment.
- Gabdulina L.I. (2016) Attitude towards the death of military personnel who participated and did not participate in hostilities. Symbol of Science, 10(3): 152–155.
- Gichun V.S., Kirichenko A.G., Kornatsky V.M. etc. (2019) Stress-associated health disorders in armed conflict. Accent, Dnipro, 324 p.
- Ivanov D.A., Rychka O.V. (2015) Psycho-preventive measures among military personnel sent to the combat zone. Psych. Health, 4(49): 87–97.
- Kalnish V.V. (2020) Physiological and hygienic features of the process of rehabilitation of servicemen after being in the combat zone. Mercury-Podillya, Vinnytsia, 300 s.
- Karpova E.B., Turanosova V.V. (2019) The use of clinical and psychological interviews in the study of the specifics and nature of experiencing a traumatic situation. Bulletin of SUSU, «Psychology» series, 1(12): 48–59.
- Kolesnikov V.Yu., Rukhtamkhanov Z.R. (2018) Formation of psychophysical and psychoemotional resistance of servicemen to actions in extreme conditions by means of physical training. Humanist. probl. military cases, 2(15): 186–
- Krishtafor A.A., Yovenko I.A., Chernenko V.G. et al. (2017) Features of cognitive impairment in wounds received in combat. Honey. urgent state., 2 (81): 110–
- Martynenko V.O., Kapusta A.V. (2019) A modern view on the problem of mental losses during military operations. 55th Anniversary conference of graduate students, undergraduates and students of the educational institution «Belarusian State University of Informatics and Radioelectronics», April 22–26, 2019, BSUIR, Minsk, 66–69 р.
- Serdyuk A.M., Khomenko I.P., Lurin I.A. etc. (2019) Experience in the organization of sanitary and hygienic and anti-epidemiological support of troops (forces) during the Anti-Terrorist Operation (Joint Forces Operation). Sofia-A, Kyiv, 280p.
- Trinka I.S., Kalnysh V.V., Shvets A.V., Maltsev O.V. (2016) Features of the influence of combat environment factors on servicemen. Military Med. Ukraine, 2: 73–80.
- Shapovalova A.V. (2016) The negative impact of occupational factors on the health of servicemen. Materials of the VI All-Russian scientific-practical conference with international participation of young scientists and specialists «Environment and health. Hygiene and ecology of urbanized territories «dedicated to the 85th anniversary of the FSBI «SRI HE and EH name after A.N. Sysin» of the Ministry of Health of Russia. 13–14 September 2016, Moscow, 532–535 р.
- Duffy R.D., Allan B.A, Autin K.L, Bott E.M. (2013) Calling and life satisfaction: It’s not about having it, it’s about living it. J. Counsel. Psychol., 60(1): 42–52.
- Lens W., Paixão M.P., Herrera D., Grobler A. (2012) Future time perspective as a motivational variable: content and extension of future oals affect the quantity and quality of motivation. Japanese Psychological Research, 54(3): 321.