Features of suicide intentions among patients with cognitive impairments in depressive disorders
Summary. The aim of the study was to determine the characteristics of suicidal ideation among patients with cognitive impairment in depressive disorders. Object and methods. 362 patients with cognitive impairment in depressive disorders were examined: 123 with recurrent depressive disorder, 141 with bipolar affective disorder and 98 with prolonged depressive reaction. Clinical-psychopathological, psychometric and statistical research methods were used. Results. Suicide risk factors in patients with cognitive impairment in depressive disorders were identified, which included features of suicidal intentions, ideational features of suicidal thoughts and characteristics of presumed suicide attempt. Conclusion. Selected suicide risk factors can act as diagnostic criteria and can be taken into account creating psycho-correctional programs aimed at reducing suicide risk.
- Vasiliev V.V., Kovalev Yu.V., Imasheva E.R. (2014) Suicidal thoughts in depressive syndrome. Suicidology, 1(14): 30–35.
- WHO (2014) Suicide prevention. Global imperative (https://www.who.int/mental_health/suicide-prevention/world_report_2014/ru/).
- Kokun O.M.., Agayev N.A., Pishko I.O. etc. (2019) Psychological assessment of suicide risk in servicemen. Kyiv, NDC GP ZSU, 206 p.
- Kornetov N.A. (2013) A multifaceted model of suicide prevention. Tyumen. Med. J., 15(1): 11–12 (https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/multiaspektnaya-model-profilaktiki-suitsidov).
- Krasnov V.N. (2011) Disorders of the affective spectrum. Practice. Med., Moscow, 432 p.
- Polozhiy B.S., Panchenko E.A. (2012) Differentiated prevention of suicidal behavior. Suicidology, 3(1): 8–12.
- Polozhiy B.S., Fritlinsky V.S., Ageev S.E. (2014) Suicides in the CIS. Suicidology, 5(4): 12–16.
- Protko N.N. (2017) Mental disorders and suicides. Psychiatr. Psychother. Klin. Psychol., 3: 134–144.
- Trunov D.G. (2016) Definition of suicide: a search for criteria. Suicidology, 7(1): 64–67.
- Yakovleva A.L., Simutkin G.G. (2014) Influence of comorbidity of affective and personality disorders on the main clinical characteristics of the current depressive episode and suicidal behavior. Suicidology, 5(3): 47–52.
- Balazs J. (2013) Adolescent subthreshold-depression and anxiety: psychopathology, functional impairment and increased suicide risk. J. Child Psychol.Psychiatr., 54(6): 670–677. DOI: 10.1111/jcpp.12016.
- Guberman C., Manassis K. (2011) Symptomatology and family functioning in children and adolescents with comorbid anxiety and depression. J. Canadian Acad. Child Adoles. Psychiatr., 20(3): 186–195.
- Hetrick S.E., Parker A.G., Robinson J. et al. (2012) Predicting suicidal risk in a cohort of depressed children and adolescents. Crisis: J. Crisis Interv. Suic. Prev., 33(1): 13–20 (https://doi.org/10.1027/0227-5910/a000095).
- Hoertel N., Blanco C., Oquendo M.A. et al. (2017) A comprehensive model of predictors of persistence and recurrence in adults with major depression: Results from a national 3-year prospective study. J. Psychiatr. Res., 95: 19–27. doi: 10.1016.
- Khemakhem K., Boudabous J., Cherif L. et al. (2017) Impulsivity in adolescents with major depressive disorder: а comparative tunisian study. Asian J. Psychiatr., 28: 183–185. doi10.1016/j.ajp.2017.06.002.
- Maruta N.O., Kutikov O.Y., Denysenko M.M., Kharchenko A.V. (2013) 2777 – Mechanisms of suicidogenesis in different variants of depressive disorders. Eur. Psychiatry, 28(1): 1 (https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-9338(13)77367-X).
- Marshal M.P., Dietz L.J., Friedman M.S. et al. (2011) Suicidality and depression disparities between sexual minority and heterosexual youth: a meta-analytic review. J. Adolesc. Health, 49(2): 115–123. doi: 10.1016/j.jadohealth.2011.02.005.
- Nauta M.H., Festen H., Reichart C.G. et al.(2012) Preventing mood and anxiety disorders in youth: a multi-centre RCT in the high risk offspring of depressed and anxious patients. BMC Psychiatr., 12: 31 (https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-244X-12-31).
- Wilcox H.C., Wyman P.A. (2016) Suicide Prevention Strategies for Improving Population Health. Child Adolesc. Psychiatr. Clin. N. Am., 25(2): 219–33. doi: 10.1016/j.chc.2015.12.003.