Negative prerequisites and pragmatic decisions in emergency abdominal surgery
Summary. The aim is to conduct a comparative analysis of emergency abdominal surgery in the city of Kyiv from 2000 to 2019 and to outline the main directions for improving the provision of emergency abdominal surgery. Object and methods of research: surgical service of the city of Kyiv, where in 18 medical institutions urgent care is provided to patients with acute diseases of the abdominal cavity. Results. Over the last few decades, the number of general surgeons in Kyiv has probably not increased, but there is an increase in their skills, because the number of specialists who do not require certification has decreased more than 2 times, and the number of doctors with the highest category has increased significantly and made up the majority. The number of gastrointestinal and abdominal surgeries in Kyiv increased slightly from 23,503 in 2000 to 26,114 in 2018, but the number of urgent operations decreased from 18,500 in 2000 to 12,984 in 2019.
- DZ «Tsentr medychnoi statystyky Ministerstva okhorony zdorovia Ukrainy» (2020) Statystychni dani systemy MOZ za 2019 rik. Forma № 17 «Zvit pro medychni kadry za rik» (http://medstat.gov.ua/ukr/statdan.html).
- Polianskyi I.Iu., Moroz P.V., Moskaliuk V.I. ta in. (2017) Likuvannia perytonitu — shliakh vid dokazovoi do personalizovanoi medytsyny. Kharkivska khirurhichna shkola, 1(82): 59–63.
- Usenko O.Iu. (2018) Materialy KhKhIV zizdu khirurhiv Ukrainy. Zb. nauk. robit, khirurhiia, Kyiv, 596 s.
- Fomin P.D., Matviichuk O.B. (2017) Tretynnyi perytonit yak problema abdominalnoi khirurhii. Klin. khir., 2(908): 77–79.
- Berríos-Torres S.I., Umscheid C.A., Bratzler D.W. et al.; Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee (2017) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Guideline for the Prevention of Surgical Site Infection, 2017. JAMA Surg., 152(8): 784–791. doi: 10.1001/jamasurg.2017.0904.
- Burcharth J., Abdulhady L., Danker J. et al. (2019) Implementation of a multidisciplinary perioperative protocol in major emergency abdominal surgery. Eur. J. Trauma Emerg. Surg., Oct. 18 [Online ahead of print]. DOI: 10.1007/s00068-019-01238-7.
- Dobson G.P. (2020) Trauma of major surgery: a global problem that is not going away. Int. J Surg., 81: 47–54. doi: 10.1016/ j.ijsu.2020.07.017.
- Fang X., Wang Zh., Yang J. et al. (2018) Clinical Evaluation of Sepsis-1 and Sepsis-3 in the ICU. Chest, 153(5): 1169–1176.
- Nally D.M., Sørensen J., Valentelyte G. et al. (2019) Volume and in-hospital mortal-ity after emergency abdominal surgery: a national population-based study. BMJ Open, 9(11): e032183. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2019-032183.