Features of radical mastectomy in the surgical treatment of patients with inflammatory breast cancer
Summary. The aim of the study was to improve the results of treatment of patients with inflammatory breast cancer by improving of surgical techniques. There were results of treatment of 154 patients with inflammatory breast cancer. The surgical tactic of radical mastectomy with achivment of clean margin and wide subcutaneous mobilization has done. With the inability to mobilize broad subcutaneous used plastic surgery techniques (mobilization lipodermal patch for Beck and Heidenheim). It allowed to achieve an acceptable aesthetic result and more then twice diminish persenege of loco-regional relapce.
- Smolanka I.I., Liashenko A.O., Dosenko I.V. ta in. (2016) Nabriakovyi rak hrudnoi zalozy: klinichna kartyna, perebih ta likuvannia (ohliad literatury ta rezultaty vlasnykh doslidzhen). Klyn. onkol., 21: 28–31.
- Anderson W.F., Chu K.C., Chang S. (2003) Inflammatory breast carcinoma and noninflammatory locally advanced breast carcinoma: distinct clinicopathologic entities? J. Clin. Oncol., 21: 2254–2259.
- Arthur D.W., Schmidt-Ulrich R.K., Friedman R.B. et al. (1999) Accelerated superfractionated radiotherapy for inflammatory breast carcinoma: complete response predicts outcome and allows for breast conservation. Int. J. Radiat. Oncol. Biol. Phys., 44(2): 289–296.
- Attia-Sobol J., Ferriere J.P., Cure H. et al. (1993) Treatment results, survival and prognostic factors in 109 inflammatory breast cancers: univariate and multivariate analysis. Eur. J. Cancer, 29A: 1081–1088.
- Cristofanilli M., Boussen H., Baselga J. et al. (2006) A phase II combination study of lapatinib and paclitaxel as a neoadjuvant therapy in patients with newly diagnosed inflammatory breast cancer (IBC). Breast Cancer Res. Treat., 100(Suppl. 1): 5.
- Cristofanilli M., Valero V., Buzdar A.U. et al. (2013) Inflammatory breast cancer (IBC): patterns of recurrence and micrometastatic homing. Breast Cancer Res. Treat., 100(Suppl. 1): 155.
- Curcio L.D., Rupp E., Williams W.L. et al. (1999) Beyond palliative mastectomy in inflammatory breast cancer — a reassessment of margin status. Ann. Surg. Oncol., 6: 249–254.
- Harris E.E., Schultz D., Bertsch H. et al. (2003) Ten-year outcome after combined modality therapy for inflammatory breast cancer. Int. J. Radiat. Oncol. Biol. Phys., 55: 1200–1208.
- Hennessy B.T., Gonzalez-Angulo A.M., Hortobagyi G.N. et al. (2006) Disease-free and overall survival after pathologic complete disease remission of cytologically proven in ﬂammatory breast carcinoma axillary lymph node metastases after primary systemic chemotherapy. Cancer, 106(5): 1000–1006.
- Levine P.H., Steinhorn S.C., Ries L.G., Aron J.L. (1985) Inﬂammatory breast cancer: the experience of the surveillance, epidemiology, and end results (SEER) program. J. Natl. Cancer Inst., 74(2): 291–297.
- Liauw S.L., Benda R.K., Morris C.G., Mendenhall N.P. (2004) Inflammatory breast carcinoma: Outcomes with trimodality therapy for nonmetastatic disease. Cancer, 100(5): 920–928.
- Miller A.B., Hoogstraten B., Staquet M., Winkler A. (1981) Reporting results of cancer treatment. Cancer, 47: 207–214.
- Morris D.M. (1983) Mastectomy in the management of patients with inflammatory breast cancer. J. Surg. Oncol., 23(4): 255–258.
- Smoot R.L., Koch C.A., Degnim A.C. et. al. (2006) A single-center experience with inflammatory breast cancer, 1985–2003. Arch. Surg., 141: 567–573.
- Vanlemmens L., Desauw C., Belkacemi Y. et al. (2005) Inflammatory breast cancer (IBC): a retrospective analysis of 239 patients treated in a single institution. ASCO Meeting Abstracts, 23: 763.