Treatment and rehabilitation of patients with purulent-necrotic complications of diabetic foot syndrome
Summary. The results of the treatment of 112 patients operated for the purulent-necrotic complications of diabetic foot syndrome were analyzed. At the outpatient stage, 38 patients underwent rehabilitation — a complex of physical exercises and physiotherapy. Necrectomy, dissection and drainage of phlegmon and abscesses, finger amputation, transmetatarsal amputation of the foot, amputation at the level of the hip and shin were used. The course of physical exercises was 3 weeks, diadynamic- and magnet therapy — 10 procedures. Rehabilitation measures were carried out 3 times during 6 months. During rehabilitation measures the number of complications in 6 months decreased by 1.6, in 1 year — by 1.5 times.
- Al-Rubeaan K., Al Derwish M., Ouizi S. еt al. (2015) Diabetic foot complications and their risk factors from a large retrospective cohort study. PLoS ONE, 10(5): e0124446.
- Andersen C.A. (2010) Diabetic limb preservation: defining terms and goals. J. Foot Ankle Surg., 49(1): 106–107.
- Cavanagh P.R., Bus S.A. (2010) Off-loading the diabetic foot for ulcer prevention and healing. J. Vasc. Surg., 52 (3): 37S–43S.
- DiLiberto F.E., Baumhauer J.F., Nawoczenski D.A. еt al. (2014) The prevention of diabetic foot ulceration: how biomechanical research informs clinical practice. Braz. J. Phys. Ther., 20(5): 375–383.
- Francia P., Gulisano M., Anichini R. еt al. (2014) Diabetic foot and exercise therapy: step by step the role of rigid posture and biomechanics treatment. Curr. Diabetes Rev., 10(2): 86–99.
- Francia Р., Anichini R., De Bellis А. еt al. (2015) Diabetic foot prevention: the role of exercise therapy in the treatment of limited joint mobility, muscle weakness and reduced gait speed. IJAE, 120(1): 21–32.
- Turan Y., Ertugrul B.M., Lipsky B.A. еt al. (2015) Does physical therapy and rehabilitation improve outcomes for diabetic foot ulcers? World J. Exp. Med., 5(2): 130–139.
- World Health Organization (2016) Global Report on Diabetes. Geneva, 86 р.