Adaptation possibilities and reactivity in elderly patients against acute intestinal infection caused by nonpathogenic microorganisms, taking into account the leading etiological factor
Summary. Objective — to evaluate the adaptive capacity and reactivity in elderly patients with acute intestinal infection (AII) caused by nonpathogenic microorganisms (NM), taking into account the leading etiological factor. Object and research methods. The data of 46 elderly patients with AII caused by NM were analyzed. On the basis of the selected pathogen 3 groups of patients were formed: 1st (n=26) — with AII caused by enteropathogenic microorganisms, 2nd (n=6) — representatives of the Pseudomonadaceae, 3rd (n=14) — Staphylococcus aureus. The adaptation index, leukocyte index, the neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio, the neutrophil-to-monocyte ratio were used to evaluate the adaptive capacity of the organism. Results. In patients of the 2nd group intoxication syndrome has mainly infectious genesis, there were signs of tension of the humoral level of immunity and increased factors of nonspecific reactivity. In the 3rd group, autoimmune factors of the formation of intoxication syndrome predominated, signs of incompleteness of phagocytosis and delayed type hypersensitivity were observed. Conclusions. Significant differences in the adaptive capacity and reactivity of the elderly patients with AII caused by NM have been proved, taking into account the leading etiological factor.
- Egshatyan L.V., Tkacheva O.N., Kafarskaya L.I. i dr. (2015) Izmeneniya kishechnoy mikrofloryi, assotsiirovannyie s vozrastom i obrazom zhizni. Ozhirenie i metabolizm, 12(2): 3–9.
- Molozhavaya O.S., Ivahnyuk T.V., Makarenko A.N. (2016a) Vliyanie fiziologicheskogo stareniya organizma na mikrofloru zheludochno-kishechnogo trakta. Akt. probl. suchasnoYi meditsini, 16(1): 304–313.
- Molozhavaya O.S., Ivahnyuk T.V., Makarenko A.N., Broz R.V. (2016b) Funktsii kishechnoy mikrofloryi organizma v norme i pri patologii. Akt. probl. suchasnoYi meditsini, T. 16, 4(56): 333–340.
- Parshikov I.A., Poltavtsev A.M., Osmak G.Zh. (2013) Vliyanie stareniya na mikrofloru kishechnika (literaturnyiy obzor). Molodoy uchenyiy, 11: 201–204.
- Radchenko O.M., Pylypiv L.I. (2016) Hematolohichni parametry u khvorykh na khronichne obstruktyvne zakhvoriuvannia lehen z dystresom ta eustresom. Akt. probl. suchasnoi medytsyny, T. 16, 4(56): 175–179.
- Mallory E.K., Acharya A., Rensi S.E. et al. (2018) Chemical reaction vector embeddings: towards predicting drug metabolism in the human gut microbiome. Pac. Symp. Biocomput., 23: 56–67.
- Mandal S., Van Treuren W., White R.A. et al. (2015) Analysis of composition of microbiomes: a novel method for studying microbial composition. Microb. Ecol. Health Dis., 26: 27663.
- Obata Y., Pachnis V. (2016) The effect of microbiota and the immune system on the development and organization of the enteric nervous system. Gastroenterol., 151(5): 836–844.
- Shondelmyer K., Knight R., Sanivarapu A. et al. (2018) Ancient thali diet: gut microbiota, immunity, and health. Yale J. Biol. Med., 91(2): 177–184.
- Yoo B.B., Mazmanian S.K. (2017) The Enteric network: interactions between the immune and nervous systems of the gut. Immunity, 46(6): 910–926.