Features of the epidemiology of migraine and its impact on treatment tactics
Summary. The article discusses the prevalence of migraine — a headache, which changes a person’s habitual life and possibility of doing daily things. The studies were carried out in the Transcarpathian region among students, ordinary passers-by and patients of various inpatient departments. Gender distribution was carried out. The severity of the pain syndrome among the groups was shown to optimize treatment tactics. The present modern classification, the theory of development, as well as approaches to the treatment of a migraine attack were given. The description of triptans, as a modern method of treatment of migraine pain was given.
Key words: migraine, headache, migraine pain, treatment, triptans.
- Danilov A.B., Glembotskaya G.T., Kozub O.V. (2011) Farmakoekonomicheskie aspektyi migreni. Zhurn. nevrol. psihiatr., 4: 79–81.
- Osipova V.V. (2010) Sovremennyie podhodyi k diagnostike i lecheniyu migreni. sem. med., 2: 19–24.
- Sadoha K.A. (2012) Perspektivnoe preduprezhdenie oslozhnennoy migreni. nov., 5: 30–32.
- Tabeeva G.R., Yahno N.N. (2011) Migren. GEOTAR-Media, Moskva, 624 s.
- Huma U. Sh., Mathewa P.G. (2012) Acute and preventive treatment of migraine headache. Tech. Reg. Anesth. Pain Management, 16(1): 19–24.