The case of successful treatment of acute mesenteric thrombosis in elderly patient on the background of the severe concomitant pathology
- 1Center for Surgery, Kyiv City Clinical Hospital No. 1
- 2National Medical University named after A.A. Bogomolets, Kyiv
Summary. The results of treatment of the 72 years old patient with acute mesenteric thrombosis, gangrene segment of the small intestine on the background of the chronic monocytic leukemia are described. The resection of half of the small intestine was made in 12 day after stabilization of the general condition and indicators of homeostasis. The least traumatic operating access and mechanical suture of anastomosis were used. In the postoperative period there was a partial failure of anastomosis. The VAC-therapy was used for the formation and closure of the external incomplete intestinal fistula. On the background of early enteral nutrition, the parenteral nutritional support and correction of water-electrolyte balance were conducted.
Key words: mesenteric thrombosis, resection of the intestine, intestinal fistula, VAC-therapy
- Lemeshevskiy A.I. (2008) Problema ostroy mezenterialnoy ishemii. med. zhurn., 3: 34–38.
- Savelev V.S., Spiridonov I.V., Boldin B.V. (2005) Ostryie narusheniya mezenterialnogo krovoobrascheniya. Infarkt kishechnika. Rukovodstvo po neotlozhnoy hirurgii. Triada-H, s. 281–302.
- Heit J.A., Silverstein M.D., Mohr D.N. et al. (2001) The epidemiology of venous thromboembolism in the community. Thromb. Haemost., 86: 452–463.
- Leone M., Bechis C., Baumstarck K. et al. (2015) Outcome of acute mesenteric ischemia in the intensive care unit: a retrospective, multicenter study of 780 cases. Intensive Care Med., 41(4): 667–676.
- Sniecinski R.M., Hursting M.J., Paidas M.J., Levy J.H. (2011) Review Article: Etiology and Assessment of Hypercoagulability with Lessons from Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia. Anesth. Analg., 112(1): 46–58.