Fibrinolytic activity of blood in patients with ischemic heart disease with concomitant diabetes mellitus type 2
Summary. Aim — to analyze the parameters of fibrinolysis in patients with ischemic heart disease (IHD) with and without concomitant diabetes mellitus type 2 (DM2), to note the influence of cardiovascular risk factors when establishing the DM2 and discuss their position in the cardiovascular morbidity and mortality in such patients. Materials and methods. The 50 patients were examined: 25 with IHD and 25 — with IHD and DM2. The control group consisted of 25 age- and sex-matched healthy individuals. Results. In patients with IHD with DM2, a decrease in plasminogen activity by 16.83% relative to control (p<0.001) was noted with a significant increase in the content of the plasminogen activator inhibitor-1. In analyzing the groups, there were significant changes in the following indices: in patients with IHD with DM2, elongation of the euglobulin lysis time by 22.06% and XIIa-dependent fibrinolysis by 30.24% relative to patients without DM2. The plasminogen level was lower by 15.09%, and the plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 was higher by 14.42% when adding DM2. Conclusions. In patients with IHD with and without concomitant DM2, the suppression of fibrinolytic activity was observed, which in turn leads to the increase of the risk of cardiovascular diseases. In IHD with concomitant DM2, more severe inhibition of fibrinolytic activity of plasma was observed.
Key words: thrombosis, hemostasis, ischemic heart disease, fibrinolytic system, diabetes mellitus type 2.
- Barkagan Z.S., Momot A.P. (2008) Diagnostika i kontroliruemaya terapiya narusheniy gemostaza. Nyudiamed, Moskva, 292 s.
- Barkagan Z.S., Tsyivkina L.P., Momot A.P., Shilova A.N. (2002) Oshibki, proschetyi i puti sovershenstvovaniya klinicheskogo primeneniya nizkomolekulyarnyih geparinov. Klin. farmakol. ter., 11(1): 78–82.
- Berkovskiy A.L., Vasilev S.A., Sergeeva E.V., Kozlov A.A. (2000) Vliyanie sostava AChTV-reagentov na ih chuvstvitelnost pri opredelenii aktivnosti faktorov svertyivaniya. Klin. lab. diagn., 4: 34–38.
- Declerck P.J., Alessi M.C., Verstreken M. et al. (1988) Measurement of plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 in biologic fluids with a murine monoclonal antibody-based enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay. Blood, 71(1): 220–225.
- Dellas C., Loskutoff D.J. (2005) Historical analysis of PAI-1 from its discovery to its potential role in cell motility and disease. Thromb. Haemost., 93(4): 631–640.
- Dresslerová I., Vojácek J. (2010) Diabetes mellitus and ischemic heart disease. Vnitr. Lek., 56(4): 301–306.
- Erem C., Hacihasanoğlu A., Celik S. et al. (2005) Coagulation and fibrinolysis parameters in type 2 diabetic patients with and without diabetic vascular complications. Med. Princ. Pract., 14(1): 22–30.
- Gosk-Bierska I., Adamiec R., Alexewicz P., Wysokinski W.E. (2002) Coagulation in diabetic and non-diabetic claudicants. Int. Angiol., 21(2): 128–133.
- Grant P.J. (2007) Diabetes mellitus as a prothrombotic condition. J. Intern. Med., 262(2): 157–172.
- Martín-Timón I., Sevillano-Collantes C., Segura-Galindo A., Del Cañizo-Gómez F.J. (2014) Type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease: Have all risk factors the same strength? World J. Diabetes, 5(4): 444–470.
- McBane R.D. 2nd, Hardison R.M., Sobel B.E.; BARI 2D Study Group (2010) Comparison of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1, tissue type plasminogen activator antigen, fibrinogen, and D-dimer levels in various age decades in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus and stable coronary artery disease (from the BARI 2D trial). Am. J. Cardiol., 105(1): 17–24.
- Schneider D.J., Nordt T.K., Sobel B.E. (1993) Attenuated fibrinolysis and accelerated atherogenesis in type II diabetic patients. Diabetes, 42(1): 1–7.
- Sclavo M. (2001) Cardiovascular risk factors and prevention in women: similarities and differences. Ital. Hear J. Suppl., 2(2): 125–141.
- Stec J.J., Silbershatz H., Tofler G.H. et al. (2000) Association of fibrinogen with cardiovascular risk factors and cardiovascular disease in the Framingham Offspring Population. Circulation, 102(14): 1634–1638.